Online Silent Auction starts TODAY!
SO WHERE DO I START?
- Go to 32 auctions website below.
- Register an account so you can bid; all you need is an e-mail address.
- Once logged in, you can now view the 10 art canvases beautifully painted by our students as well as other amazing items.
WHEN CAN I START BIDDING?
Starting Wednesday, April 5 at 9:00am, you’ll be able to bid on the art canvases and all 25+ different items. Bidding online will conclude Thursday, April 13 at 12:00 PM.
WHAT’S THE CURRENCY?
Due to system limitations, the currency being displayed is US dollars. However, payment will be due in Japanese Yen. For simplicity, we’re using a conversion of $1 = ¥100. For example, if you bid:
- $20, then ¥2,000 will be due
- $50, then ¥5,000 will be due
- $100, then ¥10,000 will be due
- $500, then ¥50,000 will be due
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN “EXACT BID” AND “PROXY BID?”
You may bid in either “exact” bid and/or “proxy” bid in our silent auction.
- Exact bids: Input a specific amount and will not be renewed if outbid.
- Proxy bids: Set a maximum price you want to pay and the auction site will take care of advancing the bidding up to your limit when others outbid you. No need to keep checking back in to bid again.
WHAT IS LAST BID DEADLINE & EXTENDED BIDDING?
12:00 PM is a soft deadline for last bids online. If an item receives a bid during the final 3 minutes of the auction, the item end time will be extended to allow for 3 additional minutes of bidding. This process repeats until no new bids are received during the final 3 minutes of the item bidding window or the auction has been extended for a maximum of 30 minutes beyond the original end time. For more details on how this works, please see 32auctions website.
If you didn’t get to bid online, no worries! You have the opportunity to bid in person during the Fair. The art canvases will be displayed in the Learning Lab (1F), and other items will be presented in the Lobby area. Please check the complete Event Schedule for the art auction – there will be 2 live art auctions, 12:40 PM & 1:45 PM. The silent auction for other items ends at 2:00 PM that day, so make sure to stop by and bid!